Welcome to Season 5, Episode 8 of the This Is Your Life podcast. Stu McLaren is filling in for my regular cohost Michele Cushatt. In this episode, we discuss how to get past trying and finally start achieving.
Sometimes our language, indecision, and lack of commitment can keep us from reaching our goals. But what if we could change our thinking and finally accomplish what matters most?
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- What Yoda and Tony Robbins have in common. Hint: It’s not height!
- Why the words we use shape the future we’re heading toward.
- How taking a stand for a big goal can create better outcomes.
- The worst thing you can tell your boss in a business-review meeting.
- How the three steps outlined in this episode affect your health, your relationships, your parenting, your career, and more.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: Where have you been trying instead of doing? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Video: Tony Robbins on the difference between trying and doing (Warning: If you’re like me, you’re having trouble viewing Tony’s video right now. The site appears to be temporarily down. If you’re interested, check back to view when it’s back up. And one more warning: When the site is back up note that this video features some rough language.)
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, Season 4 here, and Season 5 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.