Welcome to Season 5, Episode 13 of the This Is Your Life podcast. Stu McLaren is filling in for my regular cohost Michele Cushatt, who—get this—will be back with us next week. But we have a great show for you right now. In this episode, we discuss how you can achieve more by doing less.
Can you have too many opportunities? Ask an overburdened entrepreneur, executive, artist, or parent. Of course! An overabundance of opportunities create stress, burnout, and worse. What’s the solution? Trash your to-do list! Here’s how:
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The moment opportunity can become our undoing.
- Why we cannot afford to get our significance from an overpacked schedule.
- Seven realities that can help us do better with less, including the one power every one of us possesses.
- Why sometimes what earns your revenue costs you more than you think.
- The critical importance of how you wield the most powerful word in the English language.
- Plus how I personally put this into practice in my own life and business.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: What’s one thing you could stop doing today?
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Book: Living Forward, my new book coauthored with Daniel Harkavy. It’s available in just a few more months!
Book: Essentialism by Greg McKeown
Book: The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
Podcast: My Interview with Greg McKeown, “The Disciplined Pursuit of Less”
Spreadsheet: Spend Your Days on Paper Worksheet
Binge on All 13 Episodes!
If you want to listen to more episodes, you will find all thirteen audio episodes of Season 4 here. I release the video episodes weekly, as they are not yet available for batch listening. If you are looking for previous episodes, you can find Season 0 here, Season 1 here, Season 2 here, Season 3 here, Season 4 here, and Season 5 here.
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.