Maybe you’ve seen the statistics. Morning people do better in life than late risers. I know being a morning person has been a key component of my success. But what if rising early doesn’t come naturally to you? Me neither! Thankfully, these nine steps helped me maximize the morning.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- That it’s possible to learn to love the wee hours—and all that you’ll gain from starting early.
- Why maximizing the morning starts the night before by planning your sleep.
- One little trick you can use the moment you get up to prevent you from going back to sleep.
- How enlisting an accountability partner—a friend, a spouse, a colleague—can make all the difference.
- What to do if you spouse is more of a night owl.
- How you can become a morning person even if you have young kids in the house.
Read the Transcript
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Article: Poll: Most Adults Are “Morning People”
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: Do you consider yourself a morning person or a night owl? How has that affected your life so far? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Michael Hyatt is the author of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. Recognized by magazines like Forbes and Inc as an important online marketing and leadership expert, he’s also the founder of Platform University and 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever. Read more about him here.
Michele Cushatt is a popular speaker and author. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or her blog. She’s a three-time cancer survivor with a powerful, personal story. Listen to it here or read about it in her memoir, Undone: A Story of Making Peace with an Imperfect Life.
Ask Us a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.