In business we usually think coaching goes top-down, boss to employees. But what happens when your leader is off track or needs help? Here are eight ways to coach your boss.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- That I once nearly quit over something my boss did, but how I turned it around for us both.
- What I learned when my own employees coached me.
- How to stack the deck in your favor if you ever need to correct your boss.
- One way to ensure you create a safe space for difficult conversations.
- The critical importance of sharing the full context.
- The moments when our leadership is really shaped.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: Have you ever tried coaching your boss? How did you approach it?
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
- Book: The 360 Degree Leader by John Maxwell
Michael Hyatt is the author of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. Recognized by magazines like Forbes and Inc as an important online marketing and leadership expert, he’s also the founder of Platform University and 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever. Read more about him here.
Michele Cushatt is a popular speaker and author. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or her blog. She’s a three-time cancer survivor with a powerful, personal story. Listen to it here or read about it in her memoir, Undone: A Story of Making Peace with an Imperfect Life.
Ask Us a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.