We blog because we have something to share, right? A message, a story, a solution we think will make a difference. But sometimes it seems like no one is paying attention. What does it take to multiply your audience and increase engagement? Here are ten ways to boost your traffic this week.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Why a blog is a critical component of an influential platform.
- Why blogging is ground zero for all my content—podcasts, books, courses, and so on.
- The one thing you simply must start with when building blog traffic—get this wrong and you’ll struggle to get off the ground.
- How consistent publishing affects reader engagement (here’s a hint: consistency beats frequency).
- One basic branding fail countless bloggers make.
- How to convert blog traffic into a paying customer base.
- One way to gin up extra traffic by using comments—but not on your own blog.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: When it comes to blogs, what do you most—and least—like to see? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned the following resources:
Book: Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
WordPress Plug-In: All-in-One SEO Pack
Michael Hyatt is the author of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. Recognized by magazines like Forbes and Inc as an important online marketing and leadership expert, he’s also the founder of Platform University and 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever. Read more about him here.
Michele Cushatt is a popular speaker and author. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or her blog. She’s a three-time cancer survivor with a powerful, personal story. Listen to it here or read about it in her memoir, Undone: A Story of Making Peace with an Imperfect Life.
Ask Us a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by clicking here. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.