This page is designed for the attendees of the Lifework Leadership “National Alumni Retreat” in Orlando, Florida on March 4–5, 2010. It is designed as a repository for my slides, video, and other resources.
My slides are embedded below. I use Apple Keynote rather than PowerPoint, so I thought a PDF would be the most accessible format.
The only thing you won’t see in the slide deck above is the video embedded on Slide 8. However, you can watch the YouTube version here:
These are the books I recommended with the Amazon links:
You can signup for Google Reader here. It is free. This is the easiest way to read and keep up with blogs, so you don’t have to search for the content. Instead, it is “pushed” to you, every time the blogger posts something new.
To add a blog to the reader, go to the actual bog site. When you get to the blog, click on the RSS symbol. It is usually in the address bar or visible on the home page itself. It looks similar to this:
Here are the blogs I recommend to get you started:
- Michael Hyatt
- Seth Godin
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Chris Brogan
- Mitch Joel
- Guy Kawasaki
- Social Times
You might also find these specific blog posts helpful in learning about Twitter:
- Twitter-dee, Twitter-dum
- 12 Reasons to Start Twittering
- The Beginner’s Guide to Twitter
- Answers to the Top 10 Twitter Objections
- How Much Time Does Twittering Really Take?
- Twitter as a Leadership Tool
- Where Is Your Organization in the Twitter Life Cycle?
- How to Convince Your Boss to Twitter
- How to Update Your Facebook Status with Twitter
- How to Attach Photos to Your Twitter Posts
- How to Better Manage Your Twitter Followers