Leadership is an exercise in vulnerability. The idea that leaders enter every situation full of confidence and assurance isn’t just false. It’s harmful. In reality, every good leader has one non-negotiable trait: they have developed a capacity for discomfort.
Shaped by many stories and examples, this episode highlights what makes discomfort so difficult and so essential. Megan and Michael will help you feel less alone, coach you to disengage your defensiveness, and challenge you to lean in when it matters most.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- What makes taking risks so difficult
- Three areas you must embrace discomfort to succeed
- Why being tempered by failure is a good thing
- The vital frame-shift you need to make in thinking about critical feedback
- That feeling confidence is not a prerequisite for accomplishment
To learn more about how to make space in hard conversations, explore the Lead To Win episode “How to Diffuse Conflict Before it Begins.”