It’s almost time. No, I’m not talking about Christmas—though who doesn’t love that? I’m talking about one of the best times of the year to slow down, take stock of the past, and ready yourself to maximize the future.
Most of us naturally do this already, making resolutions and setting goals. But, sadly, most of us never realize those goals.
It turns out that setting goals is easy, but it’s just as easy to get discouraged, distracted, and derailed. A huge percentage of us lose motivation and lose momentum. It doesn’t have to be that way.
As we move into the new year, I want to help you open the door to a different set of possibilities. What could happen in your life if you could achieve your goals in 2014?
To help you do that, I’ve created a three-part video series to jumpstart your best year ever. I think you’ll find it inspiring, and best of all, it’s free! You can watch the first video here. It’s part of a larger project I can’t wait to share with you. If you like it, you can opt-in to receive the other two.
In this first video, I talk about:
- How the success of my New York Times bestselling book, Platform, started out as a simple, written goal
- The little known secret to creating a life of happiness and how you can tap into it by setting meaningful goals
- How to harness the emotional power of goals to cultivate confidence and a sense of accomplishment and connectedness
- Why you can’t afford to live without clearly defined goals and the hidden cost of acting without direction, including discontent, frustration, and other negative emotions
- The importance of getting outside of your comfort zone and why this is your year to do it
- What going public with a big goal personally meant to me
Everything is at stake by not pursuing the transformation now. That’s why—most important of all—I help reframe the usual obstacles we all face. What if fear, feeling overwhelmed, the struggle for time, and the messy middle were all indicators you’re actually on the right path?
Many times in my career and personal life I’ve discovered that obstacles to achieving my goals actually pointed the way to success—but only when I looked at them from the same angle I want to show you here.
And that’s just the first video. I dig even deeper in the second and third videos. As I said, you can watch the first for free here. The other two are free too; you just have to opt-in. You are also welcome to share them with your friends.
There are several reasons to start thinking about your next year, but the main reason is the most obvious: You already know what you want out of life and what you want to accomplish.
What’s holding you back? What if you couldn’t fail? What would you set out to do in the coming year?
Whatever your goal—whether it’s personal, professional, spiritual, whatever—you command the moment. You can make the change today now to have the life you want tomorrow.
One last thought: Usually I ask you to comment here—and you can if you want. But I’d be grateful if you would leave me a comment under the video when you click over to watch it. I’m starting the conversation there now with a goal of my own.
Click here to watch the video now.