In case you missed them, here are my top ten posts for June 2011, along with my top ten commenters. I am sending each of the top commenters a free copy of Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me: A Memoir. . . of Sorts by Ian Cron. It’s one of the very best books I have read this year.
Here are my top ten posts:
- How to Become Your Spouse’s Best Friend
- Creating Your Personal Life Plan
- Fix for Wireless Connection Problems on the MacBook Pro
- How to Update Your Facebook Status with Twitter
- The Difference Between a Sin and a Mistake
- How to Setup Google Calendar on Your iPhone 4
- How to Use Evernote with an iPad to Take Meeting Notes
- Three Questions You Should Ask Before You Buy and iPad 2
- Literary Agents Who Represent Christian Authors
- What to Do While You Are Waiting (A Guest Post by Daniel Darling)
I wrote five of these posts more than a year ago. As I have pointed out before, if you are a blogger, you can continue to generate significant traffic for old posts. You just need to be intentional about it. (I outline my strategy in a blog post called, “Recycling Your Blog Content.”)
Although I didn’t include it in the list, because it is not really a post, my About page continues to be near the top (#16 to be exact). If you are a blogger, this is why it is important to carefully engineer this page. You might want to read “10 Ways to Create a Better About Page for Your Blog.”
My top ten commenters were:
Note to commenters: Please sign up for a free Disqus account. This is the commenting software I use on my site. That way, when you comment it will create a back-link to your blog or Website. Also, if you upload an Avatar (picture), we will get to see what you look like. This is just way more personal—and social.
For July, I’m going to give a free AUTOGRAPHED copy of Max Lucado’s new book, Max on Life, to each of my top 10 commenters. I haven’t read it yet, but Max’s book are always inspiring and practical.
Ready. Set. Go!