Are you passionate about using marketing automation and technology to make ideas come to life? We’re looking for a Marketing Automation Manager to build out email campaigns and execute the technical aspects of our product launches.
You’ll work side-by-side with a small but mighty, highly creative, motivated team committed to making a transformational difference in the lives of our customers. Though we don’t like to boast, we think we have just about the best team on the planet.
In this role, you will implement the technology that brings our products to our customers during our launches. This is a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven position in an entrepreneurial environment.
This role is a virtual (work from home), full-time employee position. However, travel to Franklin, TN where the Michael Hyatt & Co. offices are located may be required several times per year. Hours are typically 8am to 4pm CST, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other event which happens a few times a year.
In addition to a family-friendly culture, we also provide an industry-leading benefits package that includes a generous bonus plan, ample paid time-off, and top-tier health insurance coverage.
About the Company
A few things to know about our company:
- Our team is a small but power-packed lineup. We currently have about fifteen full-time employees and about the same number of key contractors.
- We create a high-volume of high quality content with an increasingly complex production and promotional calendar.
- Almost all of our products are digital and distributed at no expense (such as blogs and podcasts) or sold online (such as courses and our membership site, Platform University). We also produce a limited number of physical products (such as books).
- We don’t yet have an office building. As a result, most of us work virtually—though we expect this to change soon.
About the Position
The Marketing Automation Manager builds and manages the email campaigns and digital assets that make up our product launches. It entails ensuring deadlines are met and requires analyzing sales and performance data related to campaigns, online events, and launches.
It’s a 40 hour-a-week, full-time position, though we have a few promotional windows each year when extra flexibility is necessary.
Due to the high-growth nature of our business, the duties and responsibilities of this position will likely evolve over time, so we are looking for someone who has the capacity and desire to grow with the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data and Analytics: Constantly measuring the success of campaigns through various analytics and reporting finding to marketing team to empower high-quality decision making in real time.
- Campaign Building and Execution: Configuring, operating, and integrating Infusionsoft and other applications based on marketing and communication plan provided by marketing team.
- Content Marketing: Understanding how content marketing works, including lead nurturing, lead scoring, content management, and content delivery activities.
- Digital Marketing: Experience with email, mobile, web, and other digital media, including marketing campaign best practices.
- Social and Mobile Platforms: Understanding relevant APIs, mobile apps, advertising and business capabilities, and monitoring/management tools.
- Advertising Networks: Managing and optimizing the complete digital advertising ecosystem.
- Technology Selection: Documenting business requirements and expected outcomes and mapping these to appropriate technology through a vendor/solution approval process.
- Self-starter, self-manager. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets stuff done consistently on time.
- A technology enthusiast. The ideal candidate is curious about technology, intuitive at how software behaves and is an early adopter.
- Technologically proficient. The ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is essential. Candidates who know their way around Infusionsoft, WordPress, YouTube, Evernote, Slack, and Apple devices will have a head start.
- Detail oriented. There are many moving pieces in the business. We want someone comfortable managing complex processes on a routine basis.
- High follow-through. Our business turns on delivering excellent content on time while managing multiple projects and deadlines. We live and die by hitting our deadlines.
- Responsive. Though we love the flexibility a semi-virtual business affords, we are committed to a high level of responsiveness inside our team and with our customers and partners.
- Decisive. Though management is always available to resolve complex or sensitive problems, we want someone comfortable making midlevel decisions and judgment calls.
- Goal-oriented. We’re driven by results. Candidates should be, too.
- Committed to excellence. We want to exceed expectations in everything we do and reflect positively on the brand.
- Positive attitude. Our ideal candidate has a can-do spirit, is fun to be around, and does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Education. Bachelor’s preferred. Degree in marketing or business is a plus.
- 2-5 years experience with Infusionsoft, HubSpot, Marketo, Ontraport, AWeber, or Salesforce is preferred; professional training with Sixth Division etc. is a plus.
- Experience managing marketing technology, including but not limited to, CRM, marketing automation, content management, and marketing resource management applications.
- Outstanding data analysis and the ability to draw actionable conclusions from that data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic thinking with effective tactical execution.
- Familiarity with the latest marketing technology trends, as well as established marketing/technology best practices.
To apply, please submit the following via email to [email protected]:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Writing sample
- Personal and professional references
- StrengthsFinder Top-5 Strengths Report
- Kolbe A Index test results (optional but preferred)
If you are excited about the possibility of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, creating content that helps people win at work and succeed at life, then please apply.