You love your work. But when you concentrate your attention and energy solely on your work, you actually undermine your success. You narrow your perspective. You become more prone to burnout. And, you stunt your learning. The solution? Find a hobby.
In this episode, Michael and Megan discuss what makes hobbies so important. They explore how hobbies improve your problem-solving, ignite your creativity, promote continuous growth, and reduce your stress. By adopting a hobby, you’ll stop getting caught in one-track thinking and become a more versatile leader.
In this episode, you’ll discover—
- How to adapt your expectations for hobbies to your life stage
- Why lateral thinking makes you a better problem solver
- What makes play so powerful
- Why being a beginner makes you a better leader
- How decreasing your stress improves your performance