Persistence is critical to success. But sometimes when things get tough we really want to bail, don’t we? The good news is that we can get through those moments and stay on course. I’ve got six tricks for training yourself to persist when you want to quit.
Listen to the Audio
Watch the Video
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- The four big temptations to quit and how you can beat them.
- What eating an elephant can teach you about persisting through difficult circumstances.
- The power of staying connected to your why.
- How envisioning the future you want can get you through the present you don’t.
- Why it’s crucial to rest and recharge if you want to keep going for the long haul.
- How to use your yes and no to stay focused.
- The role our self-image plays in our stick-to-itiveness.
Read the Transcript
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: Have you ever stuck something out when you really felt like quitting? What happened and how did it make you feel?
Michael Hyatt is the author of the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World. Recognized by magazines like Forbes and Inc as an important online marketing and leadership expert, he’s also the founder of Platform University and 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever. Read more about him here.
Michele Cushatt is a popular speaker and author. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or her blog. She’s a three-time cancer survivor with a powerful, personal story. Listen to it here or read about it in her memoir, Undone: A Story of Making Peace with an Imperfect Life.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.