What We Do
w e equip overwhelmed high achievers with the tools they need to identify and execute a clear vision for their lives and work. We empower these individuals with the resources they need to lead effectively, work productively, and leverage their influence to leave a lasting impact on the world. In doing so, we empower the leaders we serve to do what matters most and reach their full, God-given potential.
In short, we help people win at work and succeed at life.
At Michael Hyatt & Company, we are constantly providing practical value to our audience of over half a million people, adhering to a code of integrity and excellence that propels our work. The value we offer includes:
Premium Online Courses
Two Bestselling Books
Research-Based Digital Magazine
A World-Class Podcast
High Value Videos
Our team of agile full-time employees and contractors are always innovating to better serve our customers and lead our industry to new levels of excellence. In a highly collaborative environment, we seek to encourage and strengthen each other while continually delivering greater and greater value to our audience. The Michael Hyatt & Company team prioritizes both intentional margin for ourselves and outstanding experiences for our customers, meaning we practice what we preach as we strive to not only win at work, but enable our employees to succeed in their lives as a whole.
Our team members love what they do — and have a blast doing it. The work is deeply rewarding and plays to each person’s unique strengths and talents.
M ichael Hyatt, a New York Times bestselling author and entrepreneur, spent thirty-four years in the book publishing industry prior to establishing Michael Hyatt & Company. Over the course of his career, he worked in a variety of areas, including sales, editorial, marketing, and executive leadership. He spent the last six years of his tenure as the Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. At that time, it was the largest faith-based publisher in the world and the seventh largest trade publisher in the U.S.
Michael stepped down as the CEO of Thomas Nelson on April 11, 2011, to pursue his dream of becoming a writer and speaker. (He continued as the Chairman for the next year until HarperCollins bought the company in June 2012.) He took a month long sabbatical, then started the company that would eventually become Michael Hyatt & Company, LLC.
Since then, Michael Hyatt & Company has produced incredible products and satisfied thousands of customers. Not only that, but we continue to grow in size and revenue year after year. We have achieved these extraordinary results without compromising our values, culture, or — most importantly— our margin.
Our Core ValuesHover over each to learn more
We tell the truth, taking responsibility for our mistakes and failures, and we honor our commitments, even when it is difficult, expensive or inconvenient.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset, and we intentionally position team members to work in their area of greatest strength so they can make the greatest level of contribution and experience the highest level of satisfaction.
We believe we work in the best company on the planet! We spontaneously spread that enthusiasm about our company and our brand to each other, our customers, and our audience.
We invest our time, energy, talents, and resources into opportunities with an exponential return on that investment, either measured by money, impact, or both.
We create interactions, products, services, and experiences with an extremely high level of excellence, and attention to detail.
We move quickly to accomplish our most important tasks, not getting derailed by procrastination or perfectionism.
We're purposeful about giving our team the rest and rejuvenation they need to care for their health, and prioritize their most important relationships, so they can do their best work.
We never stop learning, and we do not rest on our laurels. We seek to continually improve our products and services to create more value for our clients and customers.
Why Join Our Team?
Here Are Five Reasons to Consider
Work You Love
By working with us, you can dig deep into your desired specialty and grow personally and professionally.
You’ll be inspired to pursue out-of-the-box thinking and work with others to achieve big, wildly important goals. You’ll also be able to sharpen your skills constructively through feedback and celebrate individual and collective wins. This is where what you’re passionate about and what you do best combine into the dream job you’ve been looking for.
You’ll have quality time for relationships and leisure due to generous vacation and holiday time, and working on the weekends is considered a crime (or, politely discouraged).
All that without compromising pay or benefits — you’ll have full health benefits and will be compensated competitively for your unique skill set. Since we prioritize the needs of our employees first, you will be inspired to recharge intentionally, knowing that your interests are protected and your family life and health are paramount. Click here to learn more about our benefits for our full time, salaried employees
Smart, Fun Teammates
In this company, your team members are cool people that you like, respect, and would want to hang out with in real life.
You won’t be micro-managed — rather, you’ll be guided by clear directives and competent, engaging managers who seek your best interests as well as those of the team. You’ll be able to communicate regularly with your teammates to collaborate on projects while enjoying plenty of time to focus on your responsibilities.
We judge work by output, not by your presence in an office. Even though we are centralized in Nashville, Tennessee, you have the capability to work remotely where and how you want in order to achieve results.
Our workspace is primarily virtual, but we often get together socially and for local meetings. Hiring proactive, ambitious, responsible team members means that we can have a flexible work environment and also deliver excellent products.
A Strategic Focus
If you are positive, confident, and willing to serve others, you’re our kind of people. We handle the hiring process with care.
We only recruit individuals who are deeply talented, extremely competent, and possess impeccable character. Our team is focused, disciplined, and strategic in creating only those products that serve our mission. As a member of our team, you will be highly valued, respected, and able to hone in on important, thought-out objectives.
See Our List of Available Positions Below
- Marketing Technology Manager
Michael Hyatt & Company is currently seeking an awesome Marketing Technology Manager to join our team of A Players. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a tech ninja that loves figuring out how to make all of the technology pieces work together. They will have 3-5 years of experience managing marketing technologies (Infusionsoft, ConvertKit, Drip, Hubspot, etc.) and successfully implementing them in a direct response marketing context. They will love working with a team and will make an indelible impact on those around them with their infectious enthusiasm for marketing technology. If this sounds like you and you’d like the opportunity to work for a high growth, mission-oriented company (with killer benefits), please read on.
This is a full-time, salaried, virtual position that reports directly to our Chief Marketing Officer, Chad Cannon, responsible for building and managing all of our marketing tools and technology stack (like Infusionsoft, Zoom Webinars, Memberium/LearnDash, CrateJoy, Shopify, ClickFunnels, Zapier, etc.) to ensure all of the toys play together nicely. In this role, you will also oversee the email campaigns and digital assets that make up our product launches and email automation to ensure deadlines are met and requires analyzing sales and performance data related to campaigns, webinars, online events, and launches. All of this is accomplished with the support of a full-time Marketing Automation Specialist to help share the load.
While you will primarily work from home in this role, our Marketing Team will hold in-person meetings at our private, company collaborative office space in downtown Franklin a few times per month, so we require candidates to live in or near the Nashville, TN area. Hours for this position are typically 9am-5pm CST, Monday-Friday, but on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events which happen a few times per year. As a full-time, salaried, exempt employee, you’d be eligible for our industry-leading benefits package that includes premium health care coverage (we cover 100% of your health care premium and 50% of your dependent’s), unlimited PTO, a no cap bonus plan, a 1 month paid sabbatical every 3 years, and paid maternity and paternity leave, among other stellar perks.
- Campaign Building and Execution: Configuring, operating, and integrating Infusionsoft and other applications based on marketing and communication plan provided by marketing team
- Content Marketing: Understanding how content marketing works, including lead nurturing, lead scoring, content management, and content delivery activities
- Data and Analytics: Constantly measuring the success of campaigns through various analytics and reporting finding to marketing team to empower high-quality decision making in real time
- Digital Marketing: Experience with email, mobile, web, and other digital media, including marketing campaign best practices
- Social and Mobile Platforms: Understanding relevant APIs, mobile apps, advertising and business capabilities, and monitoring/management tools
- Advertising Networks: Managing and optimizing the complete digital advertising ecosystem
- Technology Selection: Documenting business requirements and expected outcomes and mapping these to appropriate technology through a vendor/solution approval process
Mindset and Personality
- Self-starter, self-manager.We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets stuff done consistently on time.
- Responsive. Though we love the flexibility a semi-virtual business affords, we are committed to a high level of responsiveness inside our team and with our customers and partners.
- Decisive. Though management is always available to resolve complex or sensitive problems, we want someone comfortable making mid-level decisions and judgment calls.
- Goal-oriented. We’re driven by results. Candidates should be, too.
- Committed to excellence. We want to exceed expectations in everything we do and reflect positively on the brand.
- Solution-oriented. This person will know there are many roads that lead to the destination, but will be focused on the best solution for the problem at hand.
- Positive attitude. Our ideal candidate has a can-do spirit, is fun to be around, does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
Skills and Abilities
- Technologically proficient. The ideal candidate is curious about technology, intuitive at how software behaves, and is an early adopter. The ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is essential. Candidates who know their way around Infusionsoft, WordPress, Shopify, CrateJoy, YouTube, Evernote, Slack, and Apple devices will have a head start.
- Team Builder. We are committed to our team’s culture and we want someone that has successfully led teams previously. This person will have a vision for the team’s growth and overall direction inside the company.
- Problem solver. This person will have the ability to figure stuff out without any hand-holding. This person will thrive on seeing problems as opportunities to learn and overcome the task at hand.
- Detail-oriented. There are many moving pieces in the business. We want someone comfortable managing complex processes on a routine basis.
- High follow-through. Our business turns on delivering excellent content on time while managing multiple projects and deadlines. We live and die by hitting our deadlines.
- Education. Bachelor’s preferred. Degree in marketing or business is a plus.
- Professional Experience:
- 3-5 years experience with Infusionsoft, HubSpot, Marketo, Ontraport, AWeber, or Salesforce is preferred; professional training with Sixth Division etc. is a plus
- Experience managing marketing technology, including but not limited to, CRM, marketing technology, content management, and marketing resource management applications
- Outstanding data analysis and the ability to draw actionable conclusions from that data
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic thinking with effective tactical execution
- Familiarity with the latest marketing technology trends, as well as established marketing/technology best practices