My wife Gail is looking to hire a Personal Assistant to help her with the management of our home in Franklin, TN.
About the Employer
Hi, I’m Gail. I’m an active wife to an entrepreneur, mother to 5 grown daughters, grandmother
to 8 beautiful grandchildren, an artist, writer, Bible study leader, and co-worker with my husband. I live
in beautiful downtown Franklin, TN. Our office is also on our premises. I’m currently looking to hire
someone to assist me in managing our home, as well as our office and guest apartment.
Purpose of the Position
The purpose of creating this Personal Assistant position is to free me up from the detailed, day-to-day
responsibilities of caring for my home, so that I can pursue family, friends, work, writing and art with
a clear and focused mind and heart. My ultimate goal is for this Assistant (in partnership with our
existing home staff) to be able to fully run our household with minimal assistance from me. I am looking
to develop a long-term relationship with the right person.
About the Position
This is a part-time employment position starting at about twenty-five hours per week with the potential to
grow to full-time. Ideally, you’d be working 8:00am–1:00pm every day, Monday through Friday. For the
right candidate, there could be some flexibility on days and times. I will pay a competitive hourly rate of
$18-$20 per hour, depending on experience level and qualifications.
The following is a representation of the primary responsibilities for the position of my Personal Assistant:
1. Coordinating Home Staff & Vendors:
We currently have a part-time Home Manager who spends a few hours each weekday morning helping us with meal
prep, laundry, making the beds and other projects around the home. We also have a cleaning company that comes
on a weekly basis to deep clean our home, along with several monthly vendors for things like landscape
maintenance, lawn maintenance and pest control. We need the Personal Assistant to help coordinate all home
staff and vendors. You’ll do this by:
Coordinating the scheduling of all home vendors and making sure they’re scheduled to come at the
appropriate dates/times and sometimes communicating with them on my behalf.
- Researching, hiring and managing new home vendors when needed.
Meeting with me and our Home Manager every Monday morning to review the schedule and workload for the
week. Printing out copies of my weekly schedule and Michael’s weekly schedule ahead of our meeting
so that everyone can review those together. This meeting will help create alignment between everyone on
the priorities for the week.
Checking in throughout the week with the Home Manager (and other Vendors when needed) to ensure the
priorities for the week are being executed according to what was discussed in our meeting. Due to our
busy home and work life there are many competing priorities and it’s easy for the staff to get
side-tracked or distracted from what’s most important. Your help keeping everyone aligned and
focused will be incredibly valuable.
2. Meal Planning:
I’d like my Personal Assistant to help me design a monthly meal plan that we can implement. This
meal plan will include breakfast, lunch and dinner options for each week of the month. Once this meal
plan is designed, I’d like you to partner with our Home Manager each to week to review the meal
plan, create a grocery list and discuss the meal prep that needs to take place. The Home Manager will
then execute the grocery shopping and meal prep according to the plan that you have helped provide.
Ensure that our main home, as well as our Carriage House (office and guest quarters), is stocked with
the necessary supplies each week. This will primarily involve making sure that drink refrigerators and
snack pantries are stocked. It will also involve stocking all restrooms with the necessary supplies,
making sure soaps are refilled in the kitchen, etc.
4. Mail Processing:
- Assist with processing incoming mail and deliveries.
- Ship return items back to Amazon and other similar companies.
A few times per week, you may run errands to the post office or UPS store, return or purchase items
at stores, pick up lunches, etc.
6. Calendar Management
- Make appointments and assist with managing my calendar.
7. Travel Planning & Research
- Help with research, planning and bookings for personal family travel.
- Create travel folders with all pertinent information when necessary.
8. Organizing Projects
As time allows, work on organizing projects around the home. Meet with me prior to beginning these
projects to ask what the desired end result is and then organize with my vision in mind. Occasionally,
I may ask you to hire an organizing professional to help us with specific projects and then help me
in managing that.
9. Assisting with Preparations for Guests
Hospitality is so important to me and we host guests in our home frequently. Therefore, my personal
assistant will help me make our guests feel welcomed, comfortable and beautifully taken care of.
Together, we will:
Confirm guests’ arrival and departure times. Help collect information from them, before they
arrive, about their food preferences/allergies, what they’d like to do while they’re
in town, etc.
Make sure their guest room(s) and/or the Carriage House is prepared for their arrival by stocking
all bathroom and kitchen supplies, making sure fresh linens are on the beds, displaying fresh
Design a notebook to keep in the guest area which contains instructions for our Carriage House,
operation of electronic equipment, information about restaurants and sightseeing attractions in and
around Franklin, etc.
10. Other Miscellaneous Administrative Tasks
- Occasional email correspondence on my behalf.
- Ordering of flowers or gifts for special occasions.
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Working in someone’s home in a professional capacity. Preferably as a personal assistant or home manager.
- Planning healthy meals with a knowledge of cooking with local, seasonal and organic foods.
- Managing someone else’s calendar and/or travel arrangements. Administrative Assistant or Executive
Assistant experience would be a huge plus.
- Anticipating the needs of a leader.
- Taking the vision of a leader and making it happen.
- Using computer technology to communicate, plan and keep track of details.
- Light event planning for things like small dinner parties, corporate meetings and family parties.
- Coordinating a small team of employees and their work loads. A huge plus would be experience managing home staff.
My ideal Personal Assistant will also posses the following characteristics and/or proficiencies:
- Be a servant-hearted leader with great management skills who is passionate about maintaining a peaceful, orderly,
warm and inviting home.
- Have the ability to translate that passion into coordinating the functions of our home as if it were your own, and
the ability to lead/coordinate our staff members and vendors well.
- Be super flexible and adaptable, not easily stressed by changing plans.
- Have the ability to juggle multiple deadlines, determine priorities strategically and multi-task well. Be able to
keep up with a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude while not complaining, making excuses, or creating drama.
- Be able to work independently and work with efficiency, managing your own time and the time of others well.
- Be very dependable, not missing work frequently.
- Be 100% trustworthy with the highest level of integrity and honesty. Confidentiality and discretion is crucial to
- Be extremely meticulous and committed to excellence in his/her work and an ability to give attention to the details.
Be technologically proficient, a fast typer and quick technological learner. The main requirement here is for the
person to have an aptitude for learning new skills and not to be intimidated by technology. Familiarity with any of
the following would be a plus: Mac platform, Apple Mail, Gmail, Google Calendar, expense reporting apps like Expensify,
Slack and/or Evernote.
- Have the physical ability to do light cleaning and house work from time to time, including the ability to occasionally
lift up to 30lbs.
- Have a dependable vehicle for shopping and other errands.
- To apply, please complete this Wonscore Assessment and
submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
- PDF of your resume
- PDF of your cover letter. In your cover letter, please include your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- Do you meet all of the qualifications I have listed?
- Do any of the duties I have described give you pause?
- Can you provide references from your 5 most recent employers upon request?
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional but preferred)
- Kolbe A Index test results (optional but preferred)
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you. We will respond to your email within
forty-eight hours of receiving it.