What We Do
w e are a leadership development company. Our mission is to glorify God by helping overwhelmed, successful leaders get the focus they need to win at work and succeed at life. We empower these leaders with resources to help them lead effectively, work productively, and leverage their influence to leave a lasting impact on the world.
In doing so, we empower the leaders we serve to do what matters most and reach their full, God-given potential.
The value we offer includes:
Live Events & 1-Day Intensives
Physical Productivity Tools
Four Bestselling Books
A World-Class Podcast
Informative Ebooks and Videos
Our team of agile full-time employees and contractors are always innovating to better serve our customers and lead our industry to new levels of excellence. In a highly collaborative environment, we seek to encourage and strengthen each other while continually delivering greater value to our audience.
The Michael Hyatt & Company team prioritizes both intentional margin for ourselves and outstanding experiences for our customers, meaning we practice what we preach as we strive to not only win at work, but enable our employees to succeed in their lives as a whole.
Our team members love what they do—and have a blast doing it. The work is deeply rewarding and plays to each person’s unique strengths and talents.
M ichael Hyatt, a New York Times bestselling author and entrepreneur, spent thirty-four years in the book publishing industry prior to establishing Michael Hyatt & Company. Over the course of his career, he worked in a variety of areas, including sales, editorial, marketing, and executive leadership. He spent the last six years of his tenure as the Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. At that time, it was the largest faith-based publisher in the world and the seventh largest trade publisher in the U.S.
Michael stepped down as the CEO of Thomas Nelson on April 11, 2011, to pursue his dream of becoming a writer and speaker. (He continued as the Chairman for the next year until HarperCollins bought the company in June 2012.) He took a month long sabbatical, then started the company that would eventually become Michael Hyatt & Company, LLC.
Since then, Michael Hyatt & Company has produced incredible products and satisfied thousands of customers. Not only that, but we continue to grow in size and revenue year after year. We have achieved these extraordinary results without compromising our values, culture, or — most importantly— our margin.
Our Core ValuesHover over each to learn more
We tell the truth, taking responsibility for our mistakes and failures, and we honor our commitments, even when it is difficult, expensive or inconvenient.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset, and we intentionally position team members to work in their area of greatest strength so they can make the greatest level of contribution and experience the highest level of satisfaction.
We believe we work in the best company on the planet! We spontaneously spread that enthusiasm about our company and our brand to each other, our customers, and our audience.
We invest our time, energy, talents, and resources into opportunities with an exponential return on that investment, either measured by money, impact, or both.
We create interactions, products, services, and experiences with an extremely high level of excellence, and attention to detail.
We believe individual and collective leadership drives results. When we fail, we own it, resolve it, and learn the lesson to avoid it in the future.
We're purposeful about giving our team the rest and rejuvenation they need to care for their health, and prioritize their most important relationships, so they can do their best work.
We never stop learning, and we do not rest on our laurels. We seek to continually improve our products and services to create more value for our clients and customers.
Why Join Our Team?
Here Are Five Reasons to Consider
Work You Love
By working with us, you can dig deep into your desired specialty and grow personally and professionally.
You’ll be inspired to pursue out-of-the-box thinking and work with others to achieve big, wildly important goals. You’ll also be able to sharpen your skills constructively through feedback and celebrate individual and collective wins. This is where what you’re passionate about and what you do best combine into the dream job you’ve been looking for.
You’ll have quality time for relationships and leisure due to generous vacation and holiday time, and working on the weekends is considered a crime (or, politely discouraged).
All that without compromising pay or benefits — you’ll have full health benefits and will be compensated competitively for your unique skill set. Since we prioritize the needs of our employees first, you will be inspired to recharge intentionally, knowing that your interests are protected and your family life and health are paramount. Click here to learn more about our benefits for our full time, salaried employees
Smart, Fun Teammates
In this company, your team members are cool people that you like, respect, and would want to hang out with in real life.
You won’t be micro-managed — rather, you’ll be guided by clear directives and competent, engaging managers who seek your best interests as well as those of the team. You’ll be able to communicate regularly with your teammates to collaborate on projects while enjoying plenty of time to focus on your responsibilities.
A Perfect Hybrid: In Person & Remote Work
At Michael Hyatt & Company, we’ve created an intentional culture that promotes productivity, collaboration, and fun at work!
We do this through our unique hybrid model of remote and in-person work.
In our experience, people are the happiest and most productive when they have meaningful time to do deep, uninterrupted work at home (or wherever they can focus best) and when they have the sense of connection that comes from in-person collaboration.
Our team members typically work in the office 2-4 times a week, depending on the nature of their role, their leader’s needs, and their meeting schedule. Other days, they have the freedom to work remotely. With this vision in mind, we provide a beautiful and inspiring, private collaborative workspace for our team, expertly designed to feel more like a chic boutique hotel than an office, but complete with the tech-forward amenities you’d expect to find from a forward-thinking company like ours.
A Strategic Focus
If you are positive, confident, and willing to serve others, you’re our kind of people. We handle the hiring process with care.
We only recruit individuals who are deeply talented, extremely competent, and possess impeccable character. Our team is focused, disciplined, and strategic in creating only those products that serve our mission. As a member of our team, you will be highly valued, respected, and able to hone in on important, thought-out objectives.
See Our List of Available Positions Below
- Executive Assistant to CFO (Full Time)
Michael Hyatt & Company is a leadership development organization based in Franklin, TN with a mission is to glorify God by helping overwhelmed, successful leaders get the focus they need to win at work and succeed at life. We’re an award winning Inc. 5000, high growth, mission-oriented company (with killer benefits) and we’re looking for an amazing, full-time Executive Assistant to join our team of A Players and support our CFO, Jarrod Souza. Learn more about what we do and our Core Values, here. And if you are a highly organized administrative professional with experience supporting C-Level Financial Executives, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This is a full-time role in our Finance Department, reporting to our CFO. For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Franklin, TN and be willing to work in our co-working space in downtown Franklin 3-5 days per week, and have the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week. Typical hours for this role are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday; on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events throughout the year.
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to stay five steps ahead of their leader, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution to our business. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to the CFO by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing him to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of finance at Michael Hyatt and Company so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the CFO’s needs and the needs of business. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity in order to support the initiatives of the CFO.
The Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Meeting management including preparing agendas, printing financial reports, taking notes, distributing action items, and arranging catering
- Communicating on the CFO’s behalf both internally and externally
- Email management on behalf of the CFO and within the accounting inbox using the Spark app to assign emails to team members as needed
- Running errands and attending in person meetings multiple times per week
- Checking the P.O. Box several times per week and processing mail to various departments
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of the CFO and Finance Team
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Light project management and accounts payable duties
- Weekly expense reporting on behalf of the CFO and the Finance Team
- Financial Knowledge: The CFO’s EA will have a high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience dealing with financial information, their experience supporting Financial Executives, and their ground level understanding of accounting terminology to provide informed administrative support.
- Quality Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with the CFO, the EA will also work with members of the Finance Team and several other high-level EA’s from other departments. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our CFO to serve our company and customers at the top of his game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution.
- Affinity for Technology: Our executive assistant will be a technologically savvy Mac user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Expensify, Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, Asana, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Experience: 2-5 years supporting c-suite executive(s), dealing with financial information.
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
Full Time, Salaried (with killer benefits)
- Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator (Part Time)
Michael Hyatt & Company is a leadership development company based in Franklin, TN that helps overwhelmed high achievers get the clarity and tools they need to win at work, succeed at life, and lead with confidence. We’re an award winning Inc. 5000, high growth, mission-oriented company and we’re looking for an amazing Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator to join our team of A Players and manage our office space in downtown Franklin.
Mission of the Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator
Our Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator will support the mission and vision of Michael Hyatt & Company by providing all team members and guests visiting our office space with a relentless wow experience with their exceptional attention to detail and quality control. Learn more about what we do and our Core Values, including relentless wow, here.
In the Summer of 2018, Michael Hyatt & Company opened its very first office space, making the shift from being a primarily virtual team to having a place to call our own. Our office space is an incredible representation of who we are as a business and we are so proud of it. We’re now looking for someone to serve our team by taking full ownership of the office space, ensuring that it operates with excellence.
The primary areas of ownership for our Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator are:
- Efficient Operations: Design and maintain systems that keep the office space running excellently. This will include, but is not limited to, creating processes for ordering and restocking supplies, processing mail and packages, and communicating on best practices/procedures for office space use with the team with an attention to detail and a knack for quality control.
- Pleasing Aesthetics: We take great pride in our office space and believe that the cleanliness, orderliness, and aesthetic beauty of the space directly influence our creativity and productivity as a team. As such, we will rely on our Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator to love this space like it’s their own, ensuring that it remains in excellent condition. You’ll do this through daily, light housekeeping duties (wiping off counters, tidying the space as needed), daily plant care, coordinating with cleaning and maintenance vendors for repairs or upgrades as needed, and assisting with seasonal decor projects.
- Technology Management: We employ top of the line technology for our office space, including Teem Conference Room management, fully equipped Zoom booths and Zoom conference rooms, and robust security systems. Our Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator will become an expert in these technologies, being able to troubleshoot problems with team members as needed onsite, and engaging vendors for maintenance or repairs as needed.
- Hospitality: Serve our team members and visiting guests by greeting them and hosting them with kindness. Make sure beverages and snacks are stocked daily, delicious coffee is made, and catering is ordered (and set up and cleaned up) for meetings.
- Relentless Wow: Look for ways to provide a relentless wow experience to anyone visiting the office. You can do this by anticipating needs and meeting those needs with an attention to detail and knack for quality control. That could include arranging special snacks or decor from time to time, printing items for meetings ahead of time, and looking for other special touches or contributions that will “wow” our guests and staff.
The ideal candidate for the Office Operations & Hospitality Coordinator position will possess the following proficiencies:
- Ownership & Responsibility: You’re able to love our space like it’s your own and take full ownership of its operations, ensuring it’s meeting both experience standards and financial standards outlined by leadership.
- Consistency: You show up to work on time and do not need to be out frequently, especially unexpectedly. You enjoy a healthy dose of repetition in your daily responsibilities, executing repeating tasks with joy and excellence.
- Attention to Detail: You are the type of person who notices when a light bulb is out or a tissue box needs to be refilled well before other people see it. You geek out on maintaining organized cabinets, clear counter tops, and beautiful spaces.
- Hospitality: You enjoy hosting others and do so with a warm and pleasant demeanor. You know how to engage visitors in conversation and welcome them, without overwhelming them. You love to think ahead and anticipate the needs of others, delighting them with personalized details. You don’t mind (in fact, you enjoy!) preparing snacks, doing dishes, making coffee, clearing out catering after a lunch meeting, or other hosting tasks that allow you to serve other people well.
- Technology & Communication: We can provide training on all of our office technologies, but we’d prefer someone who is generally very tech savvy and enjoys learning new technologies. Ideally, you’d be a mac user and have some experience with common office technologies (mobile wireless printing, video conferencing, security systems, etc.). You’ll also need strong written and oral communication skills for this role, along with the ability to maintain high discretion and confidentiality.
Ability to frequently bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
Job Type: Part Time, Hourly (Range of $14-17/hr)
NOTE: While the majority of the Michael Hyatt & Company team has the option to work from home a few days per week, the specific requirements of this position will necessitate daily hours in the office. Exact hours to be determined, but will likely be from 8:30am-1:30pm, Monday-Friday.