What We Do
w e equip overwhelmed high achievers with the tools they need to identify and execute a clear vision for their lives and work. We empower these individuals with the resources they need to lead effectively, work productively, and leverage their influence to leave a lasting impact on the world. In doing so, we empower the leaders we serve to do what matters most and reach their full, God-given potential.
In short, we help people win at work and succeed at life.
At Michael Hyatt & Company, we are constantly providing practical value to our audience of over half a million people, adhering to a code of integrity and excellence that propels our work. The value we offer includes:
Premium Online Courses
Two Bestselling Books
Research-Based Digital Magazine
A World-Class Podcast
High Value Videos
Our team of agile full-time employees and contractors are always innovating to better serve our customers and lead our industry to new levels of excellence. In a highly collaborative environment, we seek to encourage and strengthen each other while continually delivering greater and greater value to our audience. The Michael Hyatt & Company team prioritizes both radical margin for ourselves and outstanding experiences for our customers, meaning we practice what we preach as we strive to not only win at work, but enable our employees to succeed in their lives as a whole.
Our team members love what they do — and have a blast doing it. The work is deeply rewarding and plays to each person’s unique strengths and talents.
M ichael Hyatt, a New York Times bestselling author and entrepreneur, spent thirty-four years in the book publishing industry prior to establishing Michael Hyatt & Company. Over the course of his career, he worked in a variety of areas, including sales, editorial, marketing, and executive leadership. He spent the last six years of his tenure as the Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. At that time, it was the largest faith-based publisher in the world and the seventh largest trade publisher in the U.S.
Michael stepped down as the CEO of Thomas Nelson on April 11, 2011, to pursue his dream of becoming a writer and speaker. (He continued as the Chairman for the next year until HarperCollins bought the company in June 2012.) He took a month long sabbatical, then started the company that would eventually become Michael Hyatt & Company, LLC.
Since then, Michael Hyatt & Company has produced incredible products and satisfied thousands of customers. Not only that, but we continue to grow in size and revenue year after year. We have achieved these extraordinary results without compromising our values, culture, or — most importantly— our margin.
Our Core ValuesHover over each to learn more
We tell the truth, taking responsibility for our mistakes and failures, and we honor our commitments, even when it is difficult, expensive or inconvenient.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset, and we intentionally position team members to work in their area of greatest strength so they can make the greatest level of contribution and experience the highest level of satisfaction.
We believe we work in the best company on the planet! We spontaneously spread that enthusiasm about our company and our brand to each other, our customers, and our audience.
We invest our time, energy, talents, and resources into opportunities with an exponential return on that investment, either measured by money, impact, or both.
We create interactions, products, services, and experiences with an extremely high level of excellence, and attention to detail.
We move quickly to accomplish our most important tasks, not getting derailed by procrastination or perfectionism.
We prioritize margin above profits, results, and achievement, so we can focus on our most important relationships.
We never stop learning, and we do not rest on our laurels. We seek to continually improve our products and services to create more value for our clients and customers.
Why Join Our Team?
Here Are Five Reasons to Consider
Work You Love
By working with us, you can dig deep into your desired specialty and grow personally and professionally.
You’ll be inspired to pursue out-of-the-box thinking and work with others to achieve big, wildly important goals. You’ll also be able to sharpen your skills constructively through feedback and celebrate individual and collective wins. This is where what you’re passionate about and what you do best combine into the dream job you’ve been looking for.
You’ll have quality time for relationships and leisure due to generous vacation and holiday time, and working on the weekends is considered a crime (or, politely discouraged).
All that without compromising pay or benefits — you’ll have full health benefits and will be compensated competitively for your unique skill set. Since we prioritize the needs of our employees first, you will be inspired to recharge intentionally, knowing that your interests are protected and your family life and health are paramount. Click here to learn more about our benefits for our full time, salaried employees
Smart, Fun Teammates
In this company, your team members are cool people that you like, respect, and would want to hang out with in real life.
You won’t be micro-managed — rather, you’ll be guided by clear directives and competent, engaging managers who seek your best interests as well as those of the team. You’ll be able to communicate regularly with your teammates to collaborate on projects while enjoying plenty of time to focus on your responsibilities.
We judge work by output, not by your presence in an office. Even though we are centralized in Nashville, Tennessee, you have the capability to work remotely where and how you want in order to achieve results.
Our workspace is primarily virtual, but we often get together socially and for local meetings. Hiring proactive, ambitious, responsible team members means that we can have a flexible work environment and also deliver excellent products.
A Strategic Focus
If you are positive, confident, and willing to serve others, you’re our kind of people. We handle the hiring process with care.
We only recruit individuals who are deeply talented, extremely competent, and possess impeccable character. Our team is focused, disciplined, and strategic in creating only those products that serve our mission. As a member of our team, you will be highly valued, respected, and able to hone in on important, thought-out objectives.
See Our List of Available Positions Below
- Marketing Automation Specialist
Michael Hyatt & Company is currently seeking an awesome Marketing Automation Specialist to join our team of A Players. Our ideal candidate is a curious, early adopter of technology, has hands on experience with marketing automation software and stays up to date on modern marketing digital best practices including but not limited to lead generation, sales funnels, and email marketing. They will love working with a team and will make an indelible impact on those around them by being able to stay positive under pressure. If this sounds like you and you’d like the opportunity to work for a high growth, mission-oriented company (with killer benefits), please read on.
This is a full-time, salaried, work from home position that reports directly to our Marketing Technology Manager, Alison Kennedy, supporting the overall initiatives of the Marketing Team while collaborating with the Customer Experience Team from time to time to problem solve. And while you will primarily work from home in this role, our Marketing Team does hold in person meetings a few times per month, so we require candidates to live in or near the Nashville, TN area.
Hours for this position are typically 9am-5pm CST, Monday-Friday, but on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events which happen a few times per year. As a full-time, salaried, exempt employee, you’d be eligible for our industry-leading benefits package that includes premium health care coverage (we cover 100% of your health care premium and 50% of your dependent’s), unlimited PTO, a no cap bonus plan, a 1 month paid sabbatical every 3 years, and paid maternity and paternity leave, among other stellar perks.
- Support Campaign Building and Execution: Configure, operate, and integrate Infusionsoft and other applications based on the marketing and communication plan provided by the marketing team. You’ll do this most effectively by understanding how content marketing works, including lead nurturing, lead scoring, content management, and content delivery activities.
- Data and Analytics: Assist in measuring the success of campaigns through various analytics and reporting to share findings with the Marketing Technology Manager and Marketing Team to empower high-quality decision making in real time.
- Customer Centric Solutions: Investigate and identify solutions within Infusionsoft or other marketing software to troubleshoot problems that arise and meet the needs of our customers during product launches and throughout the year.
- Digital Marketing: Assist in managing and optimizing the digital advertising ecosystem leveraging your experience with email, mobile, web, and other digital media, including marketing campaign best practices.
- Technology Selection: Understand relevant APIs, mobile apps, advertisement and business capabilities, and monitor/manage tools. Document business requirements and expected outcomes and map these to appropriate technology through a vendor/solution approval process.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Professional Experience is required in the following:
- Hands on marketing automation software experience
- Outstanding data analysis and the ability to draw actionable conclusions from that data
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic thinking with effective tactical execution
- Software & Technology:
- 2-3 years experience with Infusionsoft, HubSpot, Marketo, Emma, Ontraport, AWeber, Salesforce or similar software is preferred; professional training with SixthDivision is a plus
- Experience managing marketing technology, including but not limited to, CRM, marketing automation, content management, and marketing resource management applications
- Familiarity with the latest marketing technology trends, as well as established marketing/technology best practices
- We prefer a Mac user who is technologically savvy, quick to learn and an early adapter.
- We’d also prefer someone who has experience using Google Suite (mail, docs, drive, calendar), Slack, Evernote or similar tools.
Skills and Abilities
- Self Management: Though management is always available to resolve complex or sensitive problems we want someone comfortable taking initiative, anticipating needs, and getting stuff done consistently on time. We don’t micromanage and expect the ideal candidate to possess the ability to make mid-level decisions and judgment calls.
- Detail-oriented.There are many moving pieces in the business. We want someone committed to brand excellence and comfortable managing complex processes on a routine basis.
- Upbeat Problem Solving: Our ideal candidate will have a solution oriented approach to resolving internal and external inquiries with a positive attitude, does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- High follow-through. Our business turns on delivering excellent content on time while managing multiple projects and deadlines. We live and die by hitting our deadlines.
- To apply, please complete this Wonscore Assessment and submit the following via email to email@example.com:
If you are excited about the possibility of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, creating content that helps people win at work and succeed at life, then we want to hear from you.
- Social Community Manager
- Social Media Manager