What We Do
w e equip overwhelmed high achievers with the tools they need to identify and execute a clear vision for their lives and work. We empower these individuals with the resources they need to lead effectively, work productively, and leverage their influence to leave a lasting impact on the world. In doing so, we empower the leaders we serve to do what matters most and reach their full, God-given potential.
In short, we help people win at work, succeed at life, and lead with confidence.
At Michael Hyatt & Company, we are constantly providing practical value to our audience of over half a million people, adhering to a code of integrity and excellence that propels our work. The value we offer includes:
Premium Online Courses
Three Bestselling Books
Research-Based Digital Magazine
A World-Class Podcast
High Value Videos
Our team of agile full-time employees and contractors are always innovating to better serve our customers and lead our industry to new levels of excellence. In a highly collaborative environment, we seek to encourage and strengthen each other while continually delivering greater and greater value to our audience. The Michael Hyatt & Company team prioritizes both intentional margin for ourselves and outstanding experiences for our customers, meaning we practice what we preach as we strive to not only win at work, but enable our employees to succeed in their lives as a whole.
Our team members love what they do — and have a blast doing it. The work is deeply rewarding and plays to each person’s unique strengths and talents.
M ichael Hyatt, a New York Times bestselling author and entrepreneur, spent thirty-four years in the book publishing industry prior to establishing Michael Hyatt & Company. Over the course of his career, he worked in a variety of areas, including sales, editorial, marketing, and executive leadership. He spent the last six years of his tenure as the Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. At that time, it was the largest faith-based publisher in the world and the seventh largest trade publisher in the U.S.
Michael stepped down as the CEO of Thomas Nelson on April 11, 2011, to pursue his dream of becoming a writer and speaker. (He continued as the Chairman for the next year until HarperCollins bought the company in June 2012.) He took a month long sabbatical, then started the company that would eventually become Michael Hyatt & Company, LLC.
Since then, Michael Hyatt & Company has produced incredible products and satisfied thousands of customers. Not only that, but we continue to grow in size and revenue year after year. We have achieved these extraordinary results without compromising our values, culture, or — most importantly— our margin.
Our Core ValuesHover over each to learn more
We tell the truth, taking responsibility for our mistakes and failures, and we honor our commitments, even when it is difficult, expensive or inconvenient.
We believe that people are our most valuable asset, and we intentionally position team members to work in their area of greatest strength so they can make the greatest level of contribution and experience the highest level of satisfaction.
We believe we work in the best company on the planet! We spontaneously spread that enthusiasm about our company and our brand to each other, our customers, and our audience.
We invest our time, energy, talents, and resources into opportunities with an exponential return on that investment, either measured by money, impact, or both.
We create interactions, products, services, and experiences with an extremely high level of excellence, and attention to detail.
We move quickly to accomplish our most important tasks, not getting derailed by procrastination or perfectionism.
We're purposeful about giving our team the rest and rejuvenation they need to care for their health, and prioritize their most important relationships, so they can do their best work.
We never stop learning, and we do not rest on our laurels. We seek to continually improve our products and services to create more value for our clients and customers.
Why Join Our Team?
Here Are Five Reasons to Consider
Work You Love
By working with us, you can dig deep into your desired specialty and grow personally and professionally.
You’ll be inspired to pursue out-of-the-box thinking and work with others to achieve big, wildly important goals. You’ll also be able to sharpen your skills constructively through feedback and celebrate individual and collective wins. This is where what you’re passionate about and what you do best combine into the dream job you’ve been looking for.
You’ll have quality time for relationships and leisure due to generous vacation and holiday time, and working on the weekends is considered a crime (or, politely discouraged).
All that without compromising pay or benefits — you’ll have full health benefits and will be compensated competitively for your unique skill set. Since we prioritize the needs of our employees first, you will be inspired to recharge intentionally, knowing that your interests are protected and your family life and health are paramount. Click here to learn more about our benefits for our full time, salaried employees
Smart, Fun Teammates
In this company, your team members are cool people that you like, respect, and would want to hang out with in real life.
You won’t be micro-managed — rather, you’ll be guided by clear directives and competent, engaging managers who seek your best interests as well as those of the team. You’ll be able to communicate regularly with your teammates to collaborate on projects while enjoying plenty of time to focus on your responsibilities.
A Perfect Hybrid: In Person & Remote Work
At Michael Hyatt & Company, we’ve created an intentional culture that promotes productivity, collaboration, and fun at work!
We do this through our unique hybrid model of remote and in-person work.
In our experience, people are the happiest and most productive when they have meaningful time to do deep, uninterrupted work at home (or wherever they can focus best) and when they have the sense of connection that comes from in-person collaboration.
Our team members typically work in the office 2-4 times a week, depending on the nature of their role, their leader’s needs, and their meeting schedule. Other days, they have the freedom to work remotely. With this vision in mind, we provide a beautiful and inspiring, private collaborative workspace for our team, expertly designed to feel more like a chic boutique hotel than an office, but complete with the tech-forward amenities you’d expect to find from a forward-thinking company like ours.
A Strategic Focus
If you are positive, confident, and willing to serve others, you’re our kind of people. We handle the hiring process with care.
We only recruit individuals who are deeply talented, extremely competent, and possess impeccable character. Our team is focused, disciplined, and strategic in creating only those products that serve our mission. As a member of our team, you will be highly valued, respected, and able to hone in on important, thought-out objectives.
See Our List of Available Positions Below
- Chief Financial Officer
Michael Hyatt & Company is a leadership development company based in Franklin, TN that helps overwhelmed high achievers get the clarity and tools they need to win at work and succeed at life, and lead with confidence.We’re an award winning Inc. 5000, high growth, mission-oriented company (with killer benefits) and we’re looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join our team of A Players. Learn more about what we do and our Core Values here.
Mission of Chief Financial Officer
The mission of the Chief Financial Officer is to provide strategic financial oversight and foresight, ensuring that the Michael Hyatt & Company financial operation runs with excellence and has the clarity and resources necessary to take advantage of new opportunities.
This includes supervising the functions of accounting, human resources, legal/risk management, tax preparation, budgeting, financial goal tracking with real-time data analysis, and financial report creation/presentation.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Loves our industry, mission, and product offerings
- Has experience providing financial leadership for rapidly scaling teams with diverse product offerings
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where quick decision-making is crucial for success
- Excels at analyzing deep and complex data from diverse sources, and drawing simple, actionable conclusions for the benefit of our Executives
We have some strong accounting foundations in place and are looking for a team member to help us take those foundations to the next level.
If this is you or someone you know, please read on! We want to hear from you.
The mission of the Chief Financial Officer will be accomplished by producing clarity, driving innovation, and providing administrative oversight through the areas of responsibility below.
- Strategic Financial Oversight: Partner with the Executive leadership team on all strategic and operational issues as they arise to provide financial recommendations based on analysis and projections. Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as the Company’s strategic priorities change throughout the year.
- Budget Management: Initiate and oversee the budget planning process for the Company in collaboration with each team leader. Track and maintain the budget performance throughout the year, both from top-line revenue and net profitability perspectives, and identify areas where the Company’s financial performance is not in alignment with the budget.
- Risk Management: Evaluate the potential risks and rewards of any new business opportunities by ensuring that all team members perform the necessary due diligence to make quality decisions. Maintain strong relationships with the banking, insurance, legal, and other business support providers to minimize the Company’s risk and liability exposure wherever possible.
- Reporting & Modeling: Oversee the preparation of the Company’s monthly financial statements. Design and maintain a sophisticated internal KPI tracking system. Maintain a 16-week, week-by-week forecast of cash flow and an up-to-date year-end forecast for profitability, along with any other forecasting models needed in other business areas. As much as possible, provide real-time visibility into data so that our leaders are empowered to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Accounting Supervision: Supervise the Accounting Team to ensure proper completion of all bookkeeping functions, including recording of all transactions, posting of debits/credits, invoicing, payroll, and maintaining and balancing all general ledgers and historical accounts. Ensure financial record systems are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Human Resources Supervision: Oversee the Human Resources department to help produce a high-quality experience for all team members, from pre-employment to regular engagement throughout the year. Evaluate and oversee any decisions related to compensation, benefits or policies, thus providing highly competitive packages for employees of the Company and a compliant workplace experience.
- Tax Compliance: Supervise our CPA firm(s), coordinate the completion of any Federal, State or local tax returns and associated documents. Ensure that all fiscal practices align with guidelines established by any governmental entities.
- Education. BA in accounting or similar required; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Professional Experience:
- 5-10 years of financial leadership as a CFO, preferably in a high-growth environment.
- A technology enthusiast who adopts new technology early and is a quick learner of new applications with an aptitude for complex application integrations. Should be a master of standard financial software such as QuickBooks, Excel etc.
- High proficiency at taking complex financial data and distilling it down into easily understandable reports.
- A leader of leaders who has experience supervising accounting teams, HR teams, legal teams, tax firms, etc.
- Strong communicator, both in writing and in person; passion and proficiency in confidently presenting financial information to executives and the entire team as needed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, semi-virtual environment preferred due to work-from-home option available to employees a couple days a week.
Full Time, Salaried
Chief Operating Officer, Megan Hyatt Miller
- Executive Assistant, Platform University
Michael Hyatt & Company is a leadership development company based in Franklin, TN that helps overwhelmed high achievers get the clarity and tools they need to win at work and succeed at life, and lead with confidence.We’re an award winning Inc. 5000, high growth, mission-oriented company and we’re looking for an amazing Executive Assistant to join our team of A Players. Learn more about what we do and our Core Values here.
Mission of Platform University Executive Assistant
- The mission of the Executive Assistant for John Meese is to serve Platform University’s Director, primarily, and the Platform University team, secondarily, by protecting, preparing, and participating in focused, strategic work as well as rejuvenating rest.
- The Platform University team is a small, yet highly productive group on the broader Michael Hyatt & Company team who are primarily responsible for serving the Platform University audience, including both customers and a broader non-customer following.
- The small size of the team, combined with the complexity of cross-functional collaboration internally and managing a multi-million dollar brand externally create the need for ongoing operational, administrative support and collaboration.
The specific tasks that make up a given day in the life of this Executive Assistant will change from day-to-day based on the needs of the Platform University Director and the Platform University team, but will generally be accomplished under direction from the Brand Director for Platform University through the five areas of responsibility below:
- Task Management: Monitor incoming task requests for Platform University Director, and work closely with him to clearly keep up with priorities and deadlines as they fluctuate based on the needs of the business and progress from key partners.
- Cultivating Relationships:Maintain ongoing relationships between Platform University Director and key partners, including employees, contractors and vendors we partner with for resourcing, promotions, content, or other needs.
- Complex Calendar Management:Manage all incoming & outgoing scheduling requests along with an “Ideal Week”, to keep Google Calendar updated with a complete and accurate picture of daily meetings, appointments, and protected focus time.
- Meeting & Event Preparation:Ensure all scheduled meetings have a prepared agenda, location, and any related resources ready and available before the actual meeting begins; this may require running errands in the Franklin and occasionally Columbia, TN area as well. For in-person events, this may also include venue & food coordination as well as note-taking or meeting facilitation.
- Expense Tracking & Reports: Submit a weekly report of all company expenses from the Platform University team, and assist the Platform University Director (PUD) with updating financial projections.
- High Level of Flexibility: With the nature of the PUD’s role as the primary leader of our Platform University brand, things can change very quickly for him on a regular basis. His EA needs to be someone who is very flexible, adaptable, responsive, and not easily flustered by a change of plans.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our PUD to serve our company and Platform University customers at the top of his game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for him to make his greatest contribution.
- Solution Oriented: This person will know there are many roads that lead to the destination, but will be focused on the best solution for the problem at hand.
- Quality Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information and occasionally high-profile individuals, discretion and sensitivity regarding confidential information is a must.
- Positive Attitude: Our executive assistant will have a can-do spirit, is fun to be around, and does not complain, make excuses, or gossip.
- Team Work: This EA role will work closely with other Platform University team members and several other high-level EA’s on our team and will need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with them.
Job Type: Part Time, Hourly
NOTE: Though it's not guaranteed, we expect this role to grow into a full-time opportunity, likely in 2020, but possibly sooner.