Company Overview & Benefits
Michael Hyatt & Company is one of Inc. 5000's Fastest Growing Private Companies in America in 2017. We are an online leadership development company of 25+ highly engaged team members currently seeking an experienced marketing enthusiast with advanced level project management skills to join our Marketing Team.
In addition to having a world class team of the best in the industry we have world class benefits to match. Our full time, salaried employees enjoy the benefit of working from wherever, unlimited PTO, no cap bonus plans, a paid 1 month sabbatical every 3 years, premium health care coverage, and more. We do this all while embracing radical margin and aiming for a sustainable 40 hour work week because our employees and their awesome families are well worth it. Take the first step to claim the life and career you want for yourself by exploring working with us.
Our ideal candidate will be extremely agile, a great communicator, and possess the ability to juggle
multiple projects with lots of moving pieces. They’ll have experience in leading scrum execution,
overseeing effective marketing sprints (preferably in an industry that’s similar to our’s),
and will know how to deliver marketing project results that are on time, while reaching or exceeding
revenue goals. The Senior Marketing Project Manager will be the primary point of accountability for
Agile execution including sprint planning, sprint execution, sprint management, implementation and
reporting of results and data to the Chief Marketing Officer and the marketing team.
Are you passionate about promoting products that help people? Do you enjoy staying up to speed on
industry-leading marketing strategies and helping people win at work and succeed at life? Do you
have proven expertise in coordinating multiple, complex marketing projects in a fast-paced,
collaborative environment? If so, we want to hear from you! Read on to learn more about this role.
This is a full-time, salaried, virtual position that reports to our Chief Marketing Officer, Chad
Cannon. Though primarily a work-from-home role, this position requires candidates to reside in or
near Nashville, Tennessee, for regular in-person meetings. Hours for this position are typically
9am to 5pm CT, Monday-Friday, but are somewhat flexible, as this position is more about accomplishing
certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in and
clock out time. Though our team highly prioritizes margin, a few times per year there will be the need
to work additional hours on evenings and weekends preparing for product launches or events.
The primary role of our Senior Marketing Project Manager is to advance the message and mission of
Michael Hyatt & Company using top notch project management skills that deliver on time and on
budget results. You’ll do that through a variety of tasks depending on the project needs, but
your primary areas of focus will be:
- Collaboration & Strategy: Work closely with our CMO, marketing team and content team to identify project needs and to establish promotional goals. Once promotional goals and project needs have been identified, work closely with the CMO and varying team members to develop a strategy for exceeding those goals.
- Project Planning: Once you have the strategy plan from our CMO developed for reaching promotional goals, build out a complete project plan that identifies KPI’s, needed resources for completion and a detailed project timeline, including key deadlines.
- Project Management: Roll out project plan(s), overseeing all marketing projects from start to finish while keeping the end goal in mind. Track project timelines, track and regularly report on KPI’s, suggest strategy changes when needed, keep the varying members of the team aligned and on schedule.
- Versatile Execution: Occasionally, you’ll be delegating to various team members to complete components of a project (web development, graphic design, copy writing, etc.), but as the project manager for our CMO, we’ll also need you to roll up your sleeves and execute a variety of tasks on a daily basis. This could mean anything from researching new vendors, to building relationships with affiliates, to writing some quick copy, to collaborating on a social media strategy plan.
- Communication: With multiple marketing projects happening simultaneously that each require contribution from multiple departments and contractors, our Senior Marketing Project Manager will need to be a communication genius. Keeping everyone in the loop, on the same page and on the same timeline, while still maintaining agility as a team, is crucial.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or another related field is preferred.
Knowledge and/or Professional Experience in the Following:
- Project Management certification is preferred
- 3+ years of complex marketing-related project management.
- 3+ years working with medium-large marketing teams in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- 3+ years experience leading marketing teams, interns, and outside vendors (bonus if you’ve worked closely with an experienced CMO).
- Familiarity and experience with leading scrum meetings.
- Familiarity and experience with leading marketing sprints.
Skills and Abilities
- Be an eager self-starter and strong self-manager.
- Be an outstanding communicator both orally and in writing.
- Possess familiarity with our brand and products, along with other similar products in the market place.
- Familiarity with our industry and marketing launch strategies.
- Able to lead and committed to integrity.
- Connects deeply with Michael Hyatt & Company core values.
- A technologically savvy, apple enthusiast, who is familiar with project management apps (i.e. Asana, Basecamp, etc.). Familiarity with Slack, Google Docs, Todoist and other similar tools is preferred.
- Be decisive and responsive.
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- To apply please complete the Wonscore Assessment and submit the following via email to email@example.com:
- PDF of your cover letter and resume
- Kolbe A Assessment; test results are optional but preferred
- StrengthsFinder Assessment; test results are optional but preferred
- Tell us how you heard about this position
- If you are excited about the possibility of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company that
helps people win at work and succeed at life, then we want to hear from you!